The Hong Kong Jockey Club (the Club) has obtained permission by the Government to organise horse racing on 5 July, 8 July, 12 July and 15 July under certain conditions. As such, the Club would like to announce the following special arrangements for the upcoming race meeting on 5 July at the Sha Tin Racecourse:
1. For the race meeting on 5 July, advance booking of some venues will be available for Priority Card holders and members of the public. Apart from trainers, jockeys, Club officials and Stewards, only customers and their guests who have made an advance table booking approved by the Club will be admitted to the racecourses. They have to abide by public health measures including temperature screening before entry, filling in health declaration forms <download here www.hkjc.com/hd> and wearing surgical masks during the race meetings. Any person who has travelled overseas within 14 days before the race day will not be admitted, except those who are exempted by the HKSAR Government from quarantine requirement.
2. To comply with the Government’s condition on group gatherings in the Parade Ring, a maximum of six registered Owners and guests will be allowed to enter the Parade Ring together with the trainer, jockey and assistant trainer of the horse concerned. Special arrangements will be implemented in the Parade Ring to ensure a minimum 1.5-metre distance between groups of people.
3. There will not be celebratory arrangements or ceremonies in the racecourses except for the purpose of taking winning photos at the Winning Arch after each race. A maximum of 20 persons, including the winning Owner(s) and their guests, the trainer, jockey and members of stable staff to attend to the horse, will be allowed to participate in each photo-taking session.
4. The catering facilities in the racecourses will operate in full compliance with the requirements issued by the Secretary for Food and Health for the catering business. For example, there is at least a 1.5-metre distance between the tables.
5. Booking of the opening venues for the race meeting on 5 July and the rest of the racing season will be available to Priority Card holders and members of the public from 10:00 am on 3 July. Electronic health declaration form <cc.hkjc.com/eHealthForm/> has to be submitted one day prior to admission to the racecourses.
6. On that day, Grandstand II car park will open while Penfold carpark will be closed. Besides, MTR East Rail Line will not stop at the Racecourse Station. Members of the public can enter the racecourse using Entrance 1 or 7.
On that day, Owners Box 1/F, 3/F, 6/F, Stewards Box on 7/F, Voting Members Box on 7/F, Private Boxes on 2/F, Jockey Club Box on 2/F, Members Box on 4/F (Paddock, Pak Hop, Hong Kong Sixties), Owners Cabin on 5/F, The Expert, Monopoly and Y Box on 5/F, Putonghua VIP Box on 7/F, The Racing Club on 5/F and 7/F, Inner Circle, The MasterMind, Hay Market, Pak Sing, Wins Cafe Sha Tin, Champion Circle and Jump in the Sha Tin Racecourse will be open.
Racecourse cross betting will also be available that day. Voting Members Box on 5/F, Owners Box 7/F, Home Straight on 3/F at Members Stand II, Winning Post on 7/F at Members Stand II and Leading Edge in the Happy Valley Racecourse will be open for customers who have made an advance table booking approved by the Club.
All OCBBs (except the OCBBs located at Electric Road in North Point, Dundas Street in Mong Kok and Sha Tsui Road in Tsuen Wan) will open on non-racedays from 12:00 nn to 9:00 pm to provide betting services for races and customer services. Betting services as well as odds displays of football matches will not be available at OCBBs. All customers are required to receive temperature screening before entry and wear surgical masks inside the OCBBs. All customers and staff are required to observe the prevailing social distancing and group gathering restrictions as promulgated by the HKSAR Government during their stay in the OCBBs.
Telebet hotlines 1881, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1885, 1887, 1889, Priority Red Card and Quickline services will provide limited service. Customers can also place bets via the Club’s mobile betting app, Racing Touch, eWin or 1886 Telebet Automated System. Fund deposits can be made by FPS or EPSCO via the Club’s betting app or eWin, or by PPS or Bank Bill Payment Services via online banking websites.
Customers who do not have an online fund transfer facility can register online via the Club’s betting app or via eWin for FPS fund transfer.