The Hong Kong Jockey Club (the Club) has obtained permission by the Government to organise horse racing on 4 October, 7 October, 11 October and 14 October under certain conditions. As such, the Club would like to announce the following special arrangements for these race meetings:
1. For the race meetings on 4 October, 7 October, 11 October and 14 October, advance booking of some venues will be available for Priority Card holders and members of the public. Apart from trainers, jockeys, Club officials and Stewards, only Owners, Voting Members, Members, Priority Card holders, members of the public and up to three accompanying guests who have made an advance table booking approved by the Club will be admitted to the racecourses. They have to abide by public health measures including temperature screening before entry, filling in health declaration forms and wearing face masks during the race meetings. Any person who has travelled overseas within 14 days before the race day will not be admitted, except those who are exempted by the HKSAR Government from quarantine requirement. In addition to the implementation of public health protection measures, standard security measures at entrances to the racecourse will also apply to ensure racecourse safety.
2. To comply with the Government’s condition on group gatherings in the Parade Ring should not exceed four persons, only two Owners/guests of each horse will be allowed to have access to the Parade Ring. Special arrangements will be implemented in the Parade Ring to ensure that there is at least 1.5 metres social distance between groups of people inside the Parade Ring.
3. There will not be celebratory arrangements or ceremonies in the racecourses except for the purpose of taking winning photos at the Winning Arch after each race. A maximum of four persons will be allowed to participate in each photo-taking session.
4. The catering facilities in the racecourse will operate in full compliance with the requirements issued by the Secretary for Food and Health for the catering business. For example, each dining table will only accommodate not more than four persons and there is at least a 1.5-metre distance between the tables.
5. Booking of the opening venues for the race meetings on 4 October, 7 October, 11 October and 14 October will be available to Priority Card holders and members of the public from 12:00 nn on 29 September. Only electronic health declaration form will be accepted and must be submitted one day prior to admission to the racecourses.
6. For the race meetings on 4 October and 11 October, Grandstand II and Penfold car park will open. Besides, MTR East Rail Line will not stop at the Racecourse Station. Members of the public can enter the racecourse using Entrance 1 or 7. After the races, the Club will arrange free shuttle bus service from the Sha Tin Racecourse to Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin. Special measures will be implemented inside the shuttle buses to ensure appropriate social distancing.
7. For the race meetings on 4 October and 11 October, Owners Box 1/F, 3/F and 6/F, Stewards Box on 7/F, Voting Members Box on 7/F, Owners Pavilion on 1/F, Private Boxes on 6/F and 7/F, Members Private Room and Jockey Club Box on 2/F, Seasonal Boxes on 6/F at Grandstand II, Owners Bar, Members Bar, Members Loges, Members Box on 4/F (Paddock, Pak Hop, Hong Kong Sixties), Owners Cabin and Members Cabin on 5/F, The Expert, Monopoly and Y Box on 5/F, D709 Box on 7/F, The Racing Club on 5/F and 7/F, Inner Circle, The Mastermind, Hay Market, Pak Sing, Wins Cafe Sha Tin, Champion Circle, Jump, Paper Badge Betting Hall, Digital Zone, Indoor Public Betting Hall on 2/F at Grandstand I and Indoor Betting Hall on 2/F at Grandstand II in the Sha Tin Racecourse will be open. Besides, racecourse cross betting will also be available for these race meetings. Voting Members Box on 5/F, Owners Box 7/F, Home Straight on 3/F and Winning Post on 7/F at Members Stand II and Leading Edge in the Happy Valley Racecourse will be open for customers who have made an advance table booking approved by the Club.
8. For the race meeting on 7 October and 14 October, Owners Box 2/F, Owners Box 3/F, Owners Box 4/F, Owners Box 6/F, Owners Box 7/F, Voting Members Box on 5/F, Stewards Boxes on 4/F to 6/F, Owners Pavilion on 1/F, Home Straight, Winning Post, Parade Enclosure Suites on 1/F, Members Loges, The Expert, Y Box, Provincial, Sports Bar, Dining Room and Hong Kong Kitchen of The Racing Club, Sponsors Box on 5/F, D306 Box on 3/F at Members Stand III, Seasonal Boxes on 4/F to 6/F at Pavilion Stand, Topaz on 7/F and 8/F at Members Stand III, The Chalk, The Mastermind, The Gallery, Inner Circle, Leading Edge, Wins Cafe Happy Valley, Silver Lining, Co-Tack, Moon Koon Restaurant, The Farrier, 2/F Terrace and Farrier On 2 in the Happy Valley Racecourse will be open. Besides, racecourse cross betting will also be available for these race meetings. Pak Sing and Champion Circle in the Sha Tin Racecourse will be open for customers who have made an advance table booking approved by the Club.
Betting services will be available at all Off-Course Betting Branches (OCBBs) from noon to 8 pm on pre-sales days and from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm on night race meeting day while customer services will continue to provide on non-racedays. All customers are required to receive temperature screening before entry and wear face masks inside the OCBBs. All customers and staff are required to observe the prevailing social distancing and group gathering restrictions as promulgated by the HKSAR Government during their stay in the OCBBs.
Customers can place bets via Telebet hotlines 1881, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1885, 1887, 1889, Priority Red Card and Quickline, as well as via the Club’s mobile betting app, Racing Touch, eWin or 1886 Telebet Automated System. Fund deposits can be made by FPS or EPSCO via the Club’s betting app or eWin, or by PPS or Bank Bill Payment Services via online banking websites. Customers who do not have an online fund transfer facility can register online via the Club’s betting app or via eWin for FPS fund transfer.
For service hours of OCBBs, please visit: https://is.hkjc.com/ocb/ocbbizhour_en.pdf
* Customers must be aged 18 and above