The Hong Kong Jockey Club (the Club) has obtained permission by the Government to organise horse racing on 20 September, 23 September, 27 September and 1 October under certain conditions. As such, the Club would like to announce the following special arrangements for these race meetings:
1. For the race meetings on 20 September, 23 September, 27 September and 1 October, advance booking of some venues will be available for Priority Card holders and members of the public. Apart from trainers, jockeys, Club officials and Stewards, only Owners, Voting Members, Members, Priority Card holders, members of the public and up to three accompanying guests who have made an advance table booking approved by the Club will be admitted to the racecourses. They have to abide by public health measures including temperature screening before entry, filling in health declaration forms and wearing surgical masks during the race meetings. Any person who has travelled overseas within 14 days before the race day will not be admitted, except those who are exempted by the HKSAR Government from quarantine requirement. In addition to the implementation of public health protection measures, standard security measures at entrances to the racecourse will also apply to ensure racecourse safety
2. To comply with the Government’s condition on group gatherings in the Parade Ring, only two Owners/guests of each horse will be allowed to have access to the Parade Ring. Special arrangements will be implemented in the Parade Ring to ensure that there is at least 1.5 metres social distance between groups of people inside the Parade Ring.
3. There will not be celebratory arrangements or ceremonies in the racecourses except for the purpose of trophy presentations and taking winning photos at the Winning Arch after each race. A maximum of four persons will be allowed to participate in each trophy presentation and photo-taking session.
4. The catering facilities in the racecourse will operate in full compliance with the requirements issued by the Secretary for Food and Health for the catering business. For example, each dining table will only accommodate not more than four persons and there is at least a 1.5-metre distance between the tables.
5. Booking of the opening venues for the race meetings on 20 September, 23 September, 27 September and 1 October will be available to Priority Card holders and members of the public from 12:00 nn on 15 September. Only electronic health declaration form will be accepted and must be submitted one day prior to admission to the racecourses.
6. For the race meetings on 20 September, 27 September and 1 October, Grandstand II car park will open while Penfold carpark will be closed. Besides, MTR East Rail Line will not stop at the Racecourse Station. Members of the public can enter the racecourse using Entrance 1 or 7. After the races, the Club will arrange free shuttle bus service from the Sha Tin Racecourse to Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin. Special measures will be implemented inside the shuttle buses to ensure appropriate social distancing.
7. For the race meetings on 20 September, 27 September and 1 October, Owners Box 1/F, 3/F and 6/F, Stewards Box on 7/F, Voting Members Box on 7/F, Owners Pavilion on 1/F, Private Boxes on 6/F and 7/F, Members Private Room and Jockey Club Box on 2/F, Members Box on 4/F (Paddock, Pak Hop, Hong Kong Sixties), Owners Cabin and Members Cabin on 5/F, The Expert, Monopoly and Y Box on 5/F, D709 Box on 7/F, The Racing Club on 5/F and 7/F, Inner Circle, The MasterMind, Hay Market, Pak Sing, Wins Cafe Sha Tin, Champion Circle and Jump in the Sha Tin Racecourse will be open. Besides, racecourse cross betting will also be available for these race meetings. Voting Members Box on 5/F, Owners Box 7/F, Home Straight on 3/F and Winning Post on 7/F at Members Stand II in the Happy Valley Racecourse will be open for customers who have made an advance table booking approved by the Club.
8. For the race meeting on 23 September, Owners Box 2/F, Owners Box 3/F, Owners Box 4/F, Owners Box 6/F, Owners Box 7/F, Voting Members Box on 5/F, Stewards Boxes on 4/F to 6/F, Owners Pavilion on 1/F, Home Straight, Winning Post, Parade Enclosure Suites on 1/F, The Expert, Y Box, Provincial, Sports Bar, Dining Room and Hong Kong Kitchen of The Racing Club, Sponsors Box on 5/F, D306 Box on 3/F at Members Stand III, Topaz on 7/F and 8/F at Members Stand III, The Chalk, The Mastermind, The Gallery, Inner Circle, Leading Edge, Wins Cafe Happy Valley, Silver Lining and Moon Koon Restaurant in the Happy Valley Racecourse will be open. There will be no selling or supplying of food or drink for consumption in the racecourse from 10 pm. Besides, there is no racecourse cross betting available at the Sha Tin Racecourse on that night.
Starting from 16 September, in addition to pre-sale days, all OCBBs (except OCBBs with maintenance work in-progress*) will open from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm on night race meeting day to provide betting services and will continue to provide customer services on non-racedays. All customers are required to receive temperature screening before entry and wear surgical masks inside the OCBBs. All customers and staff are required to observe the prevailing social distancing and group gathering restrictions as promulgated by the HKSAR Government during their stay in the OCBBs.
Telebet hotlines 1881, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1885, 1887, 1889, Priority Red Card and Quickline services will provide limited service. Customers can also place bets via the Club’s mobile betting app, Racing Touch, eWin or 1886 Telebet Automated System. Fund deposits can be made by FPS or EPSCO via the Club’s betting app or eWin, or by PPS or Bank Bill Payment Services via online banking websites. Customers who do not have an online fund transfer facility can register online via the Club’s betting app or via eWin for FPS fund transfer.
* For details, please visit: https://is.hkjc.com/ocb/ocbbizhour_en.pdf