The Hong Kong Jockey Club (the Club) has obtained permission by the Government to organise horse racing on 6 September, 9 September, 13 September and 16 September. After considering various factors including the current situation of the pandemic and public health risks, the Club would like to announce the following special arrangements for the upcoming race meeting on 6 September at the Sha Tin Racecourse:
1. For the race meeting on 6 September, apart from trainers, jockeys, Club officials and Stewards, only horse owners with starters and one accompanying guest with advance table booking approved by the Club will be admitted to the racecourses. They have to abide by public health measures including temperature screening before entry, filling in health declaration forms <download here www.hkjc.com/hd> and wearing surgical masks during the race meetings. Any person who has travelled overseas within 14 days before the race day will not be admitted.
2. To comply with the Government’s condition on group gatherings in the Parade Ring, only one Owner/representative of each horse will be allowed to enter the Parade Ring. Special arrangements will be implemented in the Parade Ring to ensure that there is at least 1.5 metres social distance between groups of people inside the Parade Ring.
3. For the Cup race on that day, the Club’s Chairman will present the trophies to one winning Owner after the race.
4. There will not be celebratory arrangements or ceremonies in the racecourses except for the purpose of taking winning photos at the Winning Arch after each race. A maximum of two persons will be allowed to participate in each photo-taking session.
5. The catering facilities in the racecourses will operate in full compliance with the requirements issued by the Secretary for Food and Health for the catering business. For example, each dining table will only accommodate not more than two persons and there is at least a 1.5-metre distance between the tables.
6. On that day, only Owners Box 3/F and Owners Box 6/F Section 2 in the Sha Tin Racecourse will be open. There is no racecourse cross betting available at the Happy Valley Racecourse. Besides, Grandstand II car park will be closed.
All OCBBs (except OCBBs with maintenance work in-progress*) will open on non-racedays from 29 August to provide customer services. Betting services for racing and football matches will not be available at OCBBs. All customers are required to receive temperature screening before entry and wear surgical masks inside the OCBBs. All customers and staff are required to observe the prevailing social distancing and group gathering restrictions as promulgated by the HKSAR Government during their stay in the OCBBs.
Telebet hotlines 1881, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1885, 1887, 1889, Priority Red Card and Quickline services will provide limited service. Customers can also place bets via the Club’s mobile betting app, Racing Touch, eWin or 1886 Telebet Automated System. Fund deposits can be made by FPS or EPSCO via the Club’s betting app or eWin, or by PPS or Bank Bill Payment Services via online banking websites. Customers who do not have an online fund transfer facility can register online via the Club’s betting app or via eWin for FPS fund transfer.
* For details, please visit: https://is.hkjc.com/ocb/ocbbizhour_en.pdf