The following changes will come into effect on 20 June, 2022 when entries are accepted for the race meeting on 25 June, 2022.
1. Both the maximum and minimum riding weights will increase by 2lb in handicap races to 135lb and 115lb, respectively.
The following revised overweight allowances will apply:
· 115lb to 120lb – 2lb allowable overweight (previously 113lb to 118lb)
· 121lb – 1lb allowable overweight (previously 119lb)
· 122lb and above – no overweight allowed (previously 120lb and above)
2. The weight scales for Group 1 and non-handicap Group 2 races will remain unchanged.
3. The weight scales for other ‘terms’ races, for example Griffin races, will be determined on an individual race-by-race basis.4. The minimum riding weight for the 2022 LONGINES International Jockeys’ Championship (IJC) will increase by 2lb to 118lb.