The Hong Kong Jockey Club (the Club) has obtained permission from the Government to organise horse racing on 24 April and 27 April under certain conditions. The Club would like to announce the following admission arrangements for these race meetings:
1. Apart from trainers, jockeys, Club officials and persons essential to the operations of races, Stewards, Voting Members, Owners and their companions who have made advance bookings will be admitted to the racecourses.
All persons entering the racecourses and all catering premises must have completed full COVID-19 vaccination course (2 doses or more) for at least 14 days prior to the date of visit. They are required to scan the LeaveHomeSafe QR code using the LeaveHomeSafe mobile application and present vaccination record in accordance with the Vaccine Pass requirements when entering the racecourse and each catering premises. In addition, they will have to abide by the Club’s Conditions of Entry and other public health measures, including temperature screening before entry and wearing of face masks during the race meetings.
2. Any person who (a) has been tested positive for COVID-19 by COVID-19 nucleic acid test or by rapid antigen test, (b) is currently under home quarantine for being a close contact of a confirmed case or a household member of a close contact, (c) has travelled outside Hong Kong and is currently subject to a compulsory quarantine order, or (d) is required to undergo COVID-19 testing pursuant to a compulsory testing notice or direction (except for compulsory testing required after the end of compulsory quarantine or self-monitoring for persons returning from places outside Hong Kong) and has not been confirmed negative will not be admitted.
3. The maximum number of persons allowed to gather in the parade ring will be extended from two to four persons per group subject to Government’s amendment of the group gathering regulation. Furthermore, in line with social distancing rules, a distance of at least 1.5 metres will be maintained between any participant of a gathering and any participant of another gathering inside the Parade Ring.
4. There will not be celebratory arrangements or ceremonies on the racecourses except for the purpose of trophy presentations and taking winning photos at the Winning Arch after each race.
5. The catering facilities on the racecourses will operate in full compliance with the prevailing directions issued by the Secretary for Food and Health for the catering business, including the scanning of the LeaveHomeSafe QR code of the catering premises and the presentation of vaccination record in accordance with the Vaccine Pass requirements.
6. No racecourse cross-betting will be available for the above race meetings.