The following changes will be applicable for track work and barrier trials during the December period.
1. HKIR Track Work Timetable – The attached HKIR track work timetable will become operational on Saturday, 4th December and remain effective until Sunday, 12th December inclusive.
Please note the following points:
(1) The track opens at 4:45am
(2) The large & small track closes for harrowing at 6:15am. No harrow break will apply on the small track on barrier trial morning Tuesday 7th December
(3) The large & small track closes at 8:30am
(4) The bridle path closes at 8:15am and the trotting ring closes at 8:30am
(5) The Riverside Gallop, Olympics Equine Pool and Trotting Ring closes at 8:30am from 4th to 6th Dec, 8th to 12th Dec
(6) Barrier trials (7th Dec) on the All Weather Track commence 8:15am (gate closes at 8:00am), only 1200M start will be offered (restricted to max. 3 batches)
(7) No barrier trials on 10th Dec
(8) Monday & Thursday stalls tests (6th and 9th Dec) will be held at 7:30am
(9) 1800M Jump-outs opens between 7:00am to 8:00am:
Mon, 6th Dec restricted to horses entered for R/M Wed, 8th Dec, HKIR runners (quota not included) & intended runners for R/M Sun, 12th Dec
Thur, 9th Dec restricted to horses entered for R/M Sun, 12th Dec, HKIR runners (quota not included)
(10) RDB horses will not be admitted for grass works at the 1800M Jump-outs on 6th & 9th December
(11) Afternoon gate practice and education inside the trotting ring paddock will not be available on Fri, 10th Dec.
2. Grass Gallops – Local horses entered for any of the International Races can gallop twice on the grass track accompanied by one additional horse from Friday, 3rd December until Saturday, 11th December inclusive. The grass track will be open between 6:00am – 7:00am, booking is required.
3. December Grass Trials – The December Turf Trials will be held on Tuesday, 14th December. The usual horse number restrictions for open and griffin trials apply.