The Hong Kong Jockey Club (the Club) has obtained permission from the Government to organise race meetings on 3 November, 7 November, 10 November, 13 November, 17 November, 21 November, 24 November and 28 November under certain conditions. The Club would like to announce the following admission arrangements for these race meetings:
1. Apart from Stewards, trainers, jockeys, Club officials and persons essential to the operations of races, Voting Members, Owners, Members, Priority Card holders, members of the public who have made advance bookings and their companions will be admitted to the racecourses.
All entrants will have to abide by public health measures, including temperature screening before entry and wearing of face masks during the race meetings. To comply with the Government requirement, all persons entering the racecourses are required to scan the LeaveHomeSafe QR code or provide their names, telephone numbers and the date and time of the visit on a specified form.
2. Any person who has travelled outside Hong Kong and is currently subject to a quarantine order or self-monitoring requirement issued by the Government*, is required to undergo COVID-19 testing pursuant to a compulsory testing notice or direction (except for compulsory testing required after the end of compulsory quarantine or self-monitoring for persons returning from places outside Hong Kong) and has not been confirmed negative, lives in the same building as or has been in contact with a confirmed case within 14 days prior to the race day will not be admitted.
In addition to public health measures, standard security measures at racecourse entrances will be applied to ensure racecourse safety.
3. To comply with the Government’s conditions, four Owners of each Starter will be allowed to have access to the Parade Ring. Furthermore, in line with social distancing rules, a distance of at least 1.5 metres will be maintained between groups of people inside the Parade Ring.
4. Celebratory arrangements or ceremonies, trophy presentations and photo-taking sessions after each race at the Winning Arch will comply with the prevailing directions issued by the Secretary for Food and Health specified for places of public entertainment.
5. The catering facilities on the racecourses will operate in full compliance with the requirements of different modes of operation issued by the Secretary for Food and Health for the catering business, including the scanning of the LeaveHomeSafe QR code of the catering premises.
6. Booking of all public venues for race meetings within 28 days is now available to Priority Card holders and members of the public. Only customers who have made an advance booking will be admitted. Customers may visit https://www.bookingrc.hkjc.com for more information.
7. Racecourse Station of MTR East Rail Line, Grandstand II and Penfold Park car park will open during the above race meetings.
8. Live broadcast of races will be available at all Off-Course Betting Branches (OCBBs). However, the Club will make appropriate adjustments in response to the flow of customers at the OCBBs and the prevailing situation of COVID-19. Any OCBB located in any “specified area” delineated by the HKSAR Government or in the vicinity of confirmed cases will not open. Customers may visit the Club’s website at https://is.hkjc.com/ocb/ocbbizhour_en.pdf for the latest information.
* Fully vaccinated persons who have completed a compulsory quarantine period of 14 days or more may enter the racecourse. Fully vaccinated persons who have completed a compulsory quarantine period of less than 14 days may only enter the racecourse on the 15th day from the date of return. Fully vaccinated persons who are only required to undergo self-monitoring may enter the racecourse during the self-monitoring period.