The following changes will be applicable for track work and barrier trials during the December period.
1. HKIR Track Work Timetable – The attached HKIR track work timetable will become operational on Saturday, 5th December and remain effective until Sunday, 13th December inclusive.
Please note the following points:
(1) The track opens at 4:45am
(2) The large & small track closes for harrowing at 6:15am. No harrow break will apply on the small track on barrier trial morning Tuesday 8th December
(3) The large & small track closes at 8:15am
(4) The bridle path closes at 8:15am and the trotting ring closes at 8:30am
(5) The Riverside Gallop, Olympics Equine Pool and Trotting Ring closes at 8:30am from 5th to 7th Dec, 9th to 13th Dec
(6) Barrier trials (8th Dec) on the All Weather Track commence 8:15am (gate closes at 8:00am),
only 1200M start will be offered (restricted to max. 3 batches)
(7) No barrier trials on 11th Dec
(8) Monday & Thursday stalls tests (7th and 10th Dec) will be held at 7:30am
(9) 1800M Jump-outs opens between 7:00am to 8:00am :
Mon, 7th Dec restricted to horses entered for R/M Wed, 9th Dec, HKIR runners (quota not included) & intended runners for R/M Sun, 13th Dec
Thur, 10th Dec restricted to horses entered for R/M Sun, 13th Dec, HKIR runners (quota not included)
(10) Afternoon gate practice and education inside the trotting ring paddock will not be available on Fri, 11th Dec
(11) The tracks will open from 8:15am to 8:30am for HKIR runners and their amahs for exclusive All-weather and turf track trackwork except Tuesday, 8th Dec due to All-weather trial.
2. Grass Gallops – Local horses entered for any of the International Races can gallop twice on the grass track accompanied by an amah from Friday, 4th December until Saturday, 12th December inclusive. The grass track will be open between 6:00am – 7:00am and 8:15am – 8:30am, booking is required.
3. December Grass Trials – The December Turf Trials will be held on Tuesday, 15th December. The usual horse number restrictions for open and griffin trials apply.