The following is a summary of decisions that were made by the Licensing Committee at their meeting held yesterday:-
The Committee resolved to:-
1. grant Douglas Whyte a Trainer’s licence for the 2019/2020 racing season, subject to the usual formalities, to fill an existing vacancy; and approved the Trainer’s licence of Douglas Whyte for the 2019/2020 racing season becomes effective on 15 July 2019 in order for him to be eligible to receive horses into his stable when end-of-season transfers occur;
2. withdraw Douglas Whyte’s Club Jockey’s licence with effect on Monday, 11 February 2019;
3. grant John Size a Trainer’s licence for the 2019/2020 racing season, subject to the usual formalities, and that Mr Size remains eligible to be considered for a trainer’s licence until the 2023/2024 racing season, inclusive, provided he continues to meet the Criteria set down by the Club;
4. grant an extension of licence to Club Jockeys Alberto Sanna and Grant van Niekerk for the period 18 February 2019 to the conclusion of the current 2018/2019 racing season, both dates inclusive;
5. grant a Club Jockey’s licence to Martin Harley for the period 7 February 2019 to 7 May 2019, both dates inclusive (refer attached profile);
6. grant a Club Jockey’s licence to Regan Bayliss for the period 24 February 2019 to 24 May 2019, both dates inclusive (refer attached profile); and
7. approve an application from Sam Clipperton to withdraw his Club Jockey’s licence, effective on 31 January 2019.
The Committee also noted advice from Callan Murray that he will not apply for an extension of his current Club Jockey’s licence.
Attached are the profiles of Jockeys Bayliss and Harley.