The following changes will be applicable for track work and barrier trials during the December period.
1. HKIR Track Work Timetable – The attached HKIR track work timetable will become operational on Saturday, 3 December and remain effective until Sunday, 11 December inclusive.
Please note the following points:
(1) The track opens at 4:45am
(2) The large & small track closes for harrowing at 6:15am.
(3) The large & small track closes at 8:30am
(4) The bridle path closes at 8:15am and the trotting ring closes at 8:30am
(5) The Riverside Gallop, Olympics Equine Pool and Trotting Ring closes at 8:30am from 3rd to 5th Dec, 7th to 11th Dec
(6) Barrier trials (6th Dec) on the All Weather Track commence 8:15am (gate closes at 8:00am), only 1200M start will be offered (restricted to max. 3 batches)
(7) No barrier trials on 9th Dec
(8) Monday & Thursday stalls tests (5th and 8th Dec) will be held at 7:30am
(9) 1800M Jump-outs opens between 7:00am to 8:00am:
Mon, 5th Dec restricted to horses entered for R/M Wed, 7th Dec, HKIR runners (quota not included) & intended runners for R/M Sun, 11th Dec
Thur, 8th Dec restricted to horses entered for R/M Sun, 11th Dec, HKIR runners (quota not included)
(10) RDB horses will not be admitted for grass works at the 1800M Jump-outs on 5th & 8th Dec
(11) Afternoon gate practice and education inside the trotting ring paddock will not be available on Fri, 9th Dec
2. Grass Gallops – Local horses entered for any of the International Races can gallop twice on the grass track accompanied by one additional horse from Friday, 2nd December until Saturday, 10th December inclusive. The grass track will be open between 6:00am – 7:00am, booking is required.
3. December Grass Trials – The December Turf Trials will be held on Tuesday, 13th December.