Following the announcement of further relaxation in pandemic control measures by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government effective from 17 November 2022 amid a largely stable local COVID-19 situation, The Hong Kong Jockey Club (the Club) will stage race meetings in accordance with the government’s prevailing public health regulations and restrictions under the Prevention and Control of Disease Ordinance (Cap. 599) starting from the race meeting on Sunday 20 November. The easing in measures will enable the Club to bring more racing fans back to enjoy the sports and the on-course entertainment in person.
In light of this, the Club announces the following new arrangements for the race meetings from Sunday 20 November:
1. Eating and drinking will be allowed in the outdoor areas of racecourses. For better customer experience, outdoor food outlets will also be reopened to provide sale of food and beverages.
2. Entrants of racecourses will no longer need to present their Vaccine Pass QR Code for scanning upon entry. All entrants must still scan the LeaveHomeSafe Venue QR Code and comply with the vaccination requirements under the Vaccine Pass to enter the premises.
3. Amber Code holders may enter racecourses, and eat and drink in the outdoor areas of racecourses. However, they may not enter premises therein which are subject to the active checking requirement such as dine-in catering premises. It will remain the case that those with a Red Code will not be allowed to enter racecourses.
4. Walk-in admission will be resumed for both public and members enclosures. In view of the demand for walk-in admission, a certain portion of the outdoor areas of racecourses will be set aside for walk-in admission. Members and customers are encouraged to make advance booking to secure admission, especially for indoor catering venues.
5. Sportainment in Happy Valley will be back in full force from Wednesday 23 November with the full reopening of the beer garden and live entertainment between races subject to the government’s prevailing public health regulations and restrictions.
In addition to the above new arrangements, Stewards, Voting Members, Owners, Members, members of the public and their companions will need to comply with the existing admission arrangements as follows:
6. All persons should comply with the Club’s latest Conditions of Entry available at https://corporate.hkjc.com/image/202211/Conditions_of_Entry_20221117_e.pdf.
7. All persons entering the racecourses and all catering premises will have to abide by other public health measures, including temperature screening before entry, wearing of face masks during the race meetings except when consuming food or drinks in catering premises or outdoor areas of the racecourses, and group gathering restriction of 12 persons.
8. All persons in a single booking for or attending a catering venue in a group of more than 12 persons, or entering a bar/pub or the bar/pub zone within a catering premises, are required to present proof of a negative Rapid Antigen Test result conducted within 24 hours of entry. An SMS notification containing a negative PCR test result issued within 48 hours prior to entry will also be accepted.
The Club thanks racing fans for their understanding and cooperation along the way. We look forward to welcoming more customers back to our facilities in person as Hong Kong is increasingly resuming normalcy in an orderly manner.