The Hong Kong Jockey Club (the Club) has obtained permission from the Government to organise horse racing on 21 March, 24 March, 28 March and 31 March under certain conditions. The Club would like to announce the following special arrangements for these race meetings:
1. Apart from Stewards, trainers, jockeys, Club officials and persons essential to the operations of races, only Voting Members, Owners and Members who have made advance bookings approved by the Club, and their companions will be admitted to the racecourse. No other guests will be admitted. All entrants will have to abide by public health measures, including temperature screening before entry, filling in health declaration forms <download here www.hkjc.com/hd> and wearing of face masks during the race meetings. To comply with the latest Government requirement, all customers entering any catering premises are required to scan the LeaveHomeSafe QR code of the premises or provide their names, telephone numbers and the date and time of the visit. In addition, smoking is not allowed inside the racecourses. Any customer who has travelled outside Hong Kong and is currently subject to a quarantine order issued by the Government or has been in close contact with such a person, has not undergone COVID-19 testing pursuant to a compulsory testing notice or direction with a negative result, lives in the same building as or has been in contact with a confirmed case within 14 days prior to the race day will not be admitted. In addition to public health measures, standard security measures at racecourse entrances will be applied to ensure racecourse safety.
2. To comply with the Government’s conditions, only two Owners of each Starter will be allowed to have access to the Parade Ring. Furthermore, in line with social distancing rules, a distance of at least 1.5 metres will be maintained between groups of people inside the Parade Ring.
3. There will not be celebratory arrangements or ceremonies on the racecourses except for the purpose of trophy presentations and taking winning photos at the Winning Arch after each race.
4. The catering facilities on the racecourses will operate in full compliance with the requirements issued by the Secretary for Food and Health for the catering business such as accommodating no more than four persons per dining table, maintaining at least 1.5-metre distance between the tables and no selling or supplying of food or drink for consumption on the racecourses from 10 pm.
5. For the Sha Tin race meetings on 21 March, 28 March and 31 March, the following facilities will be open on the Sha Tin Racecourse: Owners Box 1/F, 3/F and 6/F, Stewards Box on 7/F, Voting Members Box on 7/F, Owners Pavilion, Jockey Club Box, D709 Box, Owners Cabin, Members Private Boxes on 2/F, Members Box on 4/F (Paddock, Pak Hop, Hong Kong Sixties), The Expert, Y Box, Members Cabin, Members Loges, Private Boxes on 7/F and The Racing Club on 5/F and 7/F. Penfold carpark will be closed and MTR East Rail Line will not stop at the Racecourse Station.
6. For the Happy Valley race meeting on 24 March, the following facilities will be open on the Happy Valley Racecourse: Owners Box 2/F, 3/F, 4/F, 6/F and 7/F, Voting Members Box on 5/F, Stewards Boxes on 4/F to 6/F, Sponsors Box on 5/F, Owners Pavilion, Home Straight, Winning Post, Members Loges, Parade Enclosure Suites, The Expert, Y Box, Topaz, The Chalk, Provincial and Noodle Bar, Dining Room and Hong Kong Kitchen of The Racing Club.
7. No racecourse cross-betting will be available for the above race meetings.
8. Off-Course Betting Branches will be providing the services of horse races and football matches betting, betting account deposits or withdrawals, cash-in of cash vouchers or winning tickets and opening or re-activation of betting accounts. Betting services of Mark Six will not be available. Any OCBB located in any “specified area” delineated by the HKSAR Government or in the vicinity of confirmed cases will not open. Customers may visit the Club’s website at https://is.hkjc.com/ocb/ocbbizhour_en.pdf for the latest information.
* Customers must be aged 18 or above