In light of the rapid worsening situation of COVID-19 over the last few days, The Hong Kong Jockey Club (the Club) has undertaken a comprehensive review of the arrangements of the upcoming four race meetings on 25 November, 29 November, 2 December and 6 December. To strengthen the protection of public health and the health of our employees and customers, the Club has decided to tighten the admission to the concerned race meetings and step up the health protection measures on the racecourses.
The new arrangements are as follows:
1. Apart from trainers, jockeys and Club officials with race day duties, only Stewards and Owners with Starters and their family members who have made advance bookings approved by the Club will be admitted to the racecourses. No guests will be admitted. All entrants will have to abide by public health measures, including temperature screening before entry, filling in health declaration forms and wearing of face masks during the race meetings. Any person who has travelled overseas (except those who are exempted from the HKSAR Government quarantine requirements), lives in the same building or has visited the same facility as a confirmed case or has been in contact with a confirmed case within 14 days prior to the race day will not be admitted. In addition to public health measures, standard security measures at racecourse entrances will be applied to ensure racecourse safety.
2. To comply with the Government’s conditions, a maximum of two Owners of each Starter will be allowed to have access to the Parade Ring. Furthermore, in line with social distancing rules, a distance of at least 1.5 metres will be maintained between groups of people inside the Parade Ring.
3. There will not be celebratory arrangements or ceremonies on the racecourses except for the purpose of taking winning photos at the Winning Arch after each race. A maximum of four persons will be allowed to participate in each photo-taking session.
4. The catering facilities on the racecourses will operate in full compliance with the requirements issued by the Secretary for Food and Health for the catering business, subject to change in accordance with Government’s latest statutory requirements.
5. No racecourse cross-betting will be available for these four race meetings.
6. Members of the public who have made a booking with credit cards will have their payment refunded to their credit card accounts within four to six weeks. Those who have purchased admission tickets with cash can obtain their refunds by presenting their receipts or admission tickets at any Off-Course Betting Branches (OCBBs) during opening hours within 14 days from today.
7. The Club will continue to closely monitor the development of COVID-19 and decide on the arrangements for the race meetings after 6 December.
In addition, the Club will introduce the following additional precautionary measures at the OCBBs with effect from 23 November:
1. All OCBBs will be closed on the days of day race meetings, while for night race meetings, OCBBs will open from 12:00nn to 5:30pm. OCBBs will continue to provide betting and customer services. However, media halls or theatres in the OCBBs will not open, and there will be no live broadcasting of horse races or football matches. In addition, Wins Cafe in the OCBB located at Electric Road, North Point will be closed until further notice. Customers who have made a booking with credit cards will have their payment refunded to their credit card accounts within four to six weeks. Those who have purchased admission tickets with cash can obtain their refunds by presenting their receipts or admission tickets at any OCBBs during opening hours within 14 days from today.
2. All customers are required to undergo temperature screening before entry and wear face masks while inside the OCBBs. They must observe social distancing rules and group gathering restrictions as promulgated by the HKSAR Government during their stay inside the OCBBs. Special measures will be implemented inside the OCBBs to ensure appropriate social distancing. In addition, customers are required to leave the OCBBs after completion of service. For the service hours of the OCBBs, please visit: https://is.hkjc.com/ocb/ocbbizhour_en.pdf.
* Customers must be aged 18 or above