The Hong Kong Jockey Club (the Club) has been closely monitoring the latest COVID-19 developments and has re-opened its Off-Course Betting Branches (OCBBs) on non-race days since 29 August for customers to manage their betting accounts and process other services. In view of recent improvements in the COVID situation and the continuous low double-digit daily number of confirmed cases, and after carefully considering various factors including the operations of OCBBs after the re-opening and the demand of customers, the Club decided to provide racing betting services at OCBBs on pre-sale days from 5 September. However, OCBBs will not open on racedays; display of racing odds will not be available and football matches will not be broadcast at the OCBBs.
All services will be provided behind the service counter to uphold a more stringent control of social distancing. Customers may also place bets at the self-vending terminals. Other public health measures including body temperature scanning, mask-wearing, social distancing and cleaning and disinfecting will continue to be implemented in the OCBBs.
Details of the arrangements are as follows:
|Opening OCBBs:||All OCBBs (except OCBBs with maintenance work in-progress*)|
|Opening dates:||On non-racedays|
|Opening hours:||12:00 nn to 8:00 pm|
|Services available:||– Betting on local races on pre-sale days- `HKJC e-Wallet setup- Opening and re-activation of betting accounts- Cashing-in of vouchers or winning tickets- Betting account deposits and withdrawals- Funds transfer setup|
* For details, please visit: https://is.hkjc.com/ocb/ocbbizhour_en.pdf
– All customers are required to receive temperature screening before entry and wear surgical masks inside the OCBBs. All customers and staff are required to observe the prevailing social distancing and group gathering restrictions as promulgated by the HKSAR Government during their stay in the OCBBs.
– Hand sanitisers will be provided at the entrances and exits of the OCBBs.
– Special measures will be implemented inside the OCBBs to ensure appropriate social distancing. Hourly cleaning and disinfection of public area.
– To prevent over-crowding, customers are required to leave the OCBBs after the completion of service.