The Hong Kong Jockey Club (the Club) announces that it has obtained permission by the Government to organise horse racing on 24 May, 27 May, 31 May and 3 June with certain conditions. In accordance with those conditions, the Club would like to announce the following special arrangements for the upcoming race meeting on 24 May:
1. Apart from trainers, jockeys, Club officials and Stewards, horse owners, Voting Members, Members, Racing Club Members and accompanying guests who have made an advanced table booking approved by the Club will be admitted to the racecourses. They are required to receive temperature screening before entry. They are also required to fill in a health declaration form <download here www.hkjc.com/hd> and wear surgical masks during the race meetings. Anyone who has travelled overseas within 14 days before the race day will not be admitted.
2. To comply with the Government’s condition on group gatherings in the Parade Ring, a maximum of four registered owners and guests and the trainer, jockey and assistant trainer of the horse concerned will be allowed to enter the Parade Ring. Special arrangements will be implemented in the Parade Ring to ensure that there is at least 1.5 metres social distance between groups of people inside the Parade Ring.
3. Group One “THE STANDARD CHARTERED CHAMPIONS & CHATER CUP” and Group Three “THE SHA TIN VASE” races will be held on that day. There will be trophy presentations after these two races. Only a maximum of eight persons including the winning Owner, officiating guests, the trainer and jockey will be allowed to participate in the presentations.
4. Apart from these two Group races, there will not be celebratory arrangements or ceremonies in the racecourses except for the purpose of taking winning photos at the Winning Arch after each race. However, only a maximum of eight persons, including four persons from the winning Owner, the trainer, jockey and members of stable staff to attend to the horse, will be allowed to participate at each photo-taking session.
5. The catering facilities in the racecourses will operate in full compliance with the requirements issued by the Secretary for Food and Health for the catering business. For example, each dining table will only accommodate not more than eight persons and there will be at least a 1.5 metres distance between the tables.
Regarding the upcoming race meeting on 24 May, Owners Box 1/F, 3/F, 6/F, Stewards Box on 7/F, Voting Members Box on 7/F, Private Boxes on 2/F, Jockey Club Box on 2/F, Members Box on 4/F (Paddock, Pak Hop, Hong Kong Sixties), Owners Cabin on 5/F, The Expert on 5/F, Putonghua VIP Box on 7/F and The Racing Club on 7/F in the Sha Tin Racecourse will be open. Grandstand II car park will also be open. The catering facilities in the racecourses will operate in full compliance with the requirements issued by the Secretary for Food and Health for the catering business. For example, each dining table will only accommodate not more than eight persons and there will be at least a 1.5 metres distance between the tables.
Besides, racecourse cross betting will be available on that day. Voting Members Box on 5/F, Owners Box 7/F and Winning Post on 7/F at Members Stand II in the Happy Valley Racecourse will be open for persons who have made an advanced table booking approved by the Club.
Betting services at all Off-course Betting Branches remain suspended. Telebet hotlines 1881, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1885, 1887, 1889, Priority Red Card and Quickline services will provide limited service. Customers can also place bets via the Club’s mobile betting app, Racing Touch, eWin or 1886 Telebet Automated System. Fund deposits can be made by FPS or EPSCO via the Club’s betting app or eWin, or by PPS or Bank Bill Payment Services via online banking websites.
Customers who do not have an online fund transfer facility can register online via the Club’s betting app or via eWin for FPS fund transfer.