The following changes will be applicable for track work and barrier trials during the December period.
1. HKIR Track Work Timetable – The attached HKIR track work timetable will become operational on Saturday, 2 December and remain effective until Sunday, 10 December inclusive.
Please note the following points:
(1) The track opens 4:45am
(2) The track closes for harrowing at 6:40am
(3) The large & small track closes at 8:15am
(4) The bridle path closes at 8:15 am and the trotting ring closes at 8:30 am
(5) Barrier trials (5 December) on the All Weather Track commence 8:30am (gate close at 8:15 am), only 1200M start will be offered (restricted to max. 3 batches)
(6) No barrier trials on 8 December
(7) Monday & Thursday stalls tests (4 and 7 December) will be held at 7:30 am
(8) 1800M Jump-outs opens between 7:00am to 8:00am:
Monday, 4 December restricted to horses entered for race meeting on Wednesday, 6 December, HKIR runners (quota not included) & intended runners for race meeting on Sunday, 10 December
Thursday, 7 December restricted to horses entered for race meeting on Sunday, 10 December, HKIR runners (quota not included)
(9) Afternoon gate practice and education inside the trotting ring paddock will not be available on Friday, 8 December
(10) The tracks will be open from 8:15am to 8:30am for HKIR runners and their amahs for exclusive All-weather and turf track trackwork except Tuesday, 5 December due to All-weather trial. Trainers are strongly encouraged to work their International runners at this time, to facilitate overseas press and visitors viewing of your horses work.
2. Turf Gallops – Local horses entered for any of the International Races can gallop twice on the turf track accompanied by an amah from Saturday, 2 December until Saturday, 9 December inclusive. The turf track will be open between 6:00am – 7:00am and 8:15am – 8:30am, booking is required.
3. December Turf trials – The December turf trials will be held on Tuesday, 12 December and Griffin trials on Tuesday, 19 December. The usual horse number restrictions for turf trials apply.